The main goal of the Law programme, which is in line with the University’s mission, is to produce high-caliber legal scholars and researchers who will positively influence decision-making and implementation at all levels of the corporate and public (including judiciary, security and intelligence) sectors, journalism, politics, private affairs and other areas.
Candidates seeking admission to the LLB programme must:
- Have obtained a good first degree in any field of study from a recognized University with at least a 2nd Class Lower Division or have obtained post-graduate qualification from a recognized University
- Submit an official transcript of academic record
- Submit at least two referees’ reports, one of which must be from a former lecturer
- Pass a selection interview
- Show capacity for a demanding full time study; availability by show of release letter from employers; and ability to pay
NB.: Ghanaian Applicants will be required to:
- Write an entrance examination
- Familiarize themselves with the provisions of the 1992 Ghanaian Constitution and current affairs (national and international)
- Have successfully completed national service
Eligible foreign applicants (applying from outside Ghana) will be examined via Skype (Skype addresses are to be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org ).
How to Apply
For Ghanaian Applicants;
Scratch cards for online application can be purchased at the Centres listed below:
- Cash Office, University of Cape Coast, Cape Coast (Mode of payment – cash)
- Ghana Post Offices at the Regional and District Capitals (Mode of payment – Postal Order)
- University of Cape Coast, Accra Office, Tesano, Accra (Mode of payment – Cash)
- Kumasi Workers’ College, Kumasi (Mode of payment – CASH)
- I-J Consult, Kasoa – Nyanyano Road, Near Witty Kids Int. School (CASH Payment)
- All UCC College of Distance Education (CoDE) Study Centres (Mode of payment: GCB Bankers Draft in the name of The Registrar, University of Cape Coast)
Application Fee: Ghanaian Applicants – GH¢600.00. The application fee covers the cost of processing applications, entrance examination, interviews, and publication of examination results/selected candidates.