The main goal of the Law programme, which is in line with the University’s mission, is to produce high-caliber legal scholars and researchers who will positively influence decision-making and implementation at all levels of the corporate and public (including judiciary, security and intelligence) sectors, journalism, politics, private affairs and other areas.
Entry requirements: Candidates seeking admission to the LLB programme must:
- Have obtained a good first degree in any field of study from a recognized University with at least a 2nd Class Lower Division or have obtained post-graduate qualification from a recognized University
- Submit an official transcript of academic record
- Submit at least two referees’ reports, one of which must be from a former lecturer
- Pass a selection interview
- Show capacity for a demanding full time study; availability by show of release letter from employers; and ability to pay
NB.: Ghanaian Applicants will be required to:
- Write an entrance examination
- Familiarize themselves with the provisions of the 1992 Ghanaian Constitution and current affairs (national and international)
- Have successfully completed national service
Eligible foreign applicants (applying from outside Ghana) will be examined via Skype (Skype addresses are to be forwarded to email@example.com ).
How to apply:
- Ghanaian Applicants
Applicants should purchase scratch cards for online application at the Centres listed below:
- Cash Office, University of Cape Coast, Cape Coast (Mode of payment – cash)
- Ghana Post Offices at the Regional and District Capitals (Mode of payment – Postal Order)
- University of Cape Coast, Accra Office, Tesano, Accra (Mode of payment – Cash)
- Kumasi Workers’ College, Kumasi (Mode of payment – CASH)
- I-J Consult, Kasoa – Nyanyano Road, Near Witty Kids Int. School (CASH Payment)
- All UCC College of Distance Education (CoDE) Study Centres (Mode of payment: GCB Bankers Draft in the name of The Registrar, University of Cape Coast)
Application Fee: Ghanaian Applicants – GH¢600.00. The application fee covers the cost of processing applications, entrance examination, interviews, and publication of examination results/selected candidates.