SAT has two versions: 1. SAT and 2. SAT Subject Test. A candidate can take either test or both the test.
SAT Examination Sections
SAT Reading Test
- This test is about how you receive an information, what you think about it and how you use the information provided. All Reading Test questions are multiple choice and based on passages.
- Some passages are paired with other passages.
- Informational graphics, such as tables, graphs, and charts, accompany some passages—but no math is required.
- Prior topic-specific knowledge is never tested.
- The Reading Test is part of the Evidence-Based Reading and Writing section.
SAT Writing and Language Test
- The SAT Writing and Language Test ask you to perform three things: 1. Read, 2. Find Mistakes and Weaknesses and 3. Fix the errors.
- All questions are multiple choice and based on passages.
- Some passages are accompanied by informational graphics, such as tables, graphs, and charts—but no math is required.
- Prior topic knowledge is never tested.
- The Writing and Language Test is part of the Evidence-Based Reading and Writing section.
- The SAT Math Test covers a range of math practices, with an emphasis on problem solving, modeling, using tools strategically, and using algebraic structure.
- Most math questions will be multiple choice, but some—called grid-ins—ask you to come up with the answer rather than select the answer.
- The Math Test is divided into two portions: Math Test–Calculator and Math Test–No Calculator.
- Some parts of the test include several questions about a single scenario.
The Math Test will focus in depth on the three areas of math that play the biggest role in a wide range of college majors and careers:
- Heart of Algebra, which focuses on the mastery of linear equations and systems.
- Problem Solving and Data Analysis, which is about being quantitatively literate.
- Passport to Advanced Math, which features questions that require the manipulation of complex equations.
The Math Test also draws on Additional Topics in Math, including the geometry and trigonometry most relevant to college and career readiness.
The SAT Essay asks you to use your reading, analysis, and writing skills.
- It’s optional—but some schools will require it. Get College SAT Essay policies.
- You have 50 minutes to complete your essay, 25 minutes more than the required essay on the old SAT.
- You won’t be asked to agree or disagree with a position on a topic or to write about your personal experience.
SAT Test Dates in Ghana / SAT Test Locations in Ghana
SAT is administered about 3 times in a year. The US test dates may differ from SAT Test Dates in Ghana. The Educational Testing Services administers SAT Test across world including Ghana in Accra, Tema and Kumasi. Prospective SAT Takers who wish to register should use the form below this article to get in touch with us for more information concerning registration.
SAT Registration Fees in Ghana
Prospective SAT Takers who wish to register should use the form below this article to get in touch with us for more information concerning registration.
*All fees are converted from US dollars. Transaction charges and exchange rate may affect the fee.
Educational Counselling for potential SAT test takers
The right information prevents any last minute hassle. Students preparing to enter college may have many questions. Finding right answers at right time is the key to preparation. Preparation is the key in an examination like SAT, it’s unique, it’s different. If you need advice regarding the SAT, you can fill out the form below and one of our educational cousellors will reach out to you. We offer free educational counseling and test preparation tips as well as premium preparatory courses and materials that have been of immense help to many of our clients over the years. Potential test takers can also take advantage of these resources to score excellently in the SAT to pave way for their future educational prospects.